Tuesday 20 June 2017

The Best Weekend Of My Life - Finally!

So some of you might have read my 'Last Week' post and realised something was up due to the lack of detail on the end of the week - Sunday specifically! Well, Sunday marked the first of a very special two days for me, days that I will never forget for as long as I live.


Here is a very unsuspecting me on the very beginning of our adventure, which was revealed to me through a series of clues referencing places in London we have been too and enjoyed together. Many of those were the first places in London we went to together, and our first destination was London Zoo because of this reason! But we didn't just go there for any old reason, oh no!


Because my wonderful, amazing boyfriend, took me to feed the Giraffes!


This was definitely a real highlight of the weekend, as the giraffes are such an interesting animal and so cool to see up close! Especially as they feed in such a way that it ends up being a very personal, memorable experience. I enjoyed every second of my time doing this and it was so much fun!

After a continued journey around the rest of the zoo, followed by a walk around Regents Park to feed some squirrels and enjoy the hottest day of the year, Mat took me to the next surprise of the day.

He'd booked the very first hotel we'd ever stayed in, the Hilton Hotel in Islington! I was so overwhelmed with emotion and I cried. A lot. When we got up to the room there were chocolates and petals, and it was so nice! One of Mat's elves (as he called them) had even packed a suitcase for us and left it in the room before we got there!


We went out for dinner at Masala Zone later in the evening before heading back to the room for a lovely evening in ready for day two of adventures! I really didn't want the weekend to end at this point, it was so perfect!

On day two, after a lay in, we went downstairs for breakfast which was delicious and for me consisted of many courses because there was so much to choose from! After breakfast we packed up and headed to our next destination, a picnic in Holland Park!


It was a long, lazy afternoon lounging in the sun, visiting the beautiful Kyoto Garden before finding a nearby bench to while away time reading and being content in each other's company. It has been such a long time since I spent a day doing that and it really gave me the kind of relaxation time I'd been missing for a while. But the day was far from over!

We next headed to the Southbank area, as it has long been our favourite riverside view in London and as we've eaten at Giraffe so many times while living in London, we chose that as our next destination! I love the Chicken Milanese there, and it was delicious this time around as well! It seemed like the perfect end to our wonderful weekend outing, but little did I know that my evening had so much in store for me, because as soon as I returned home, there was a huge surprise waiting!


Lights, candles and flowers were everywhere. Not the most comfortable combination for the hottest day of the year but I was so overwhelmed that it was a long time before I noticed. And as I'm sure you've all guessed by now, my partner in crime of seven and a half years finally proposed to me to the backdrop of a video comprising of our favourite movie clips, beautiful music and the flat we've lived in and adored for almost a year. I feel like the luckiest girl alive though that might be cliche to say, and I'm so happy!


I really wanted to share with you my very special few days, as it's something I've been looking forward to for a long time. A long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment