Monday 12 June 2017

Last Week's Shenanigans (5th June - 11th June)...

Another week bites the dust! It's been a good one, if a little uneventful, and my only disappointment is that I didn't manage to finish 'Green Rider', the book I'm currently reading. It's taking me quite a while to get through which is a shame, as I have so many great planned reads for June! But on Monday, I did go to watch the new Pirates Of The Caribbean film despite my initial reluctance due to the amount of drama going on in Johnny Depp's life as of late. The film itself was really good, and actually took me back to the original first couple of films that made me fall in love with the film series. Curse Of The Black Pearl and Dead Man's Chest will always be my favourites, and I felt it started to lose things in At World's End and especially with On Stranger Tides. But Salazar's Revenge was right up there with the great Pirates Of The Caribbean films and I loved it!

I've been watching a lot of TV this week, mostly Game Of Thrones with Mat (we are re-watching them all ready for the new season happening in July). I finished Emerald City, a remake of 'The Wizard Of Oz' that despite feeling very mediocre had me intrigued enough to be disappointed that it got cancelled in the end. I've also been watching American Gods based on Neil Gaiman's acclaimed novel that I have yet to read and despite it's very bizarre nature...I love it! I'm so hooked! Even now all I want to do is watch another episode! Having fully caught up with RuPaul's Drag Race too and watching the US version of The Office with Mat as well, I think we can all safely say that TV won this week!

I Read...

--

I Received...


- 'Nasty Women' by 404 Ink: Approved by Netgalley (07/06/17)

No comments:

Post a Comment