Thursday 29 December 2016

Christmas Haul!

It's that time of year again where I get to tell you guys about all of the wonderful things I received for Christmas! I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with this year, though it's been a busy one! I'll dive right in and let you guys know what I got!



I'll talk first about the Secret Santa present I received from one of my friends, Joe, that we did for Thankchrismukkah celebrations! I got three awesome gifts: a Hogwarts cushion, a Hufflepuff bookmark and a Hogwarts snow-globe! So many Harry Potter themed goodies, which made me VERY happy. While talking about presents from friends, I met up with Isobel & Catherine (friends from my school days) and they bought me three wonderful books! 'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern, 'Three Dark Crowns' by Kendare Blake and 'The Woman In Black & Other Ghost Stories' which I'm really pleased about because they are so pretty!

But back to Christmas! I'll start with Mat's presents because those were the first I opened on the day! The biggest was my brand new vinyl record player, alongside three beautiful vinyls: The 'Game Of Thrones' soundtrack (Season 1), 'Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them' soundtrack and the 'Wicked' soundtrack. I couldn't believe my luck! I also received two Thorntons gift sets and the 'Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them' screenplay which is a stunning hardback! I was totally blown away and am so grateful to have a boyfriend who knows me so well.

My immediate family (parents & sister) bought me (and Mat in some cases) some gorgeous presents. The biggest and most exciting one was a luxury foot spa which I've been after for ages thanks to my continuing foot problems. I tried it out and it brought me so much relief, so big thanks for that! Also they bought me a whole host of other thinks including colouring books and pencils, Disney AND grammar-themed mugs, '642 Things To Write About', 'Hidden Huntress' by Danielle L. Jensen, a steam voucher, a DKNY gift set, a Bonsai Tree growing kit (something I have always wanted), 'Game Of Thrones' coasters, 'The Case Of Beasts' that looks into the filming of the 'Fantastic Beasts...' film, a literary tea towel and a notebook that says 'Careful, or you'll end up in my next novel.' which I found hilarious! Also, they bought me some vinyls for my record player too: two David Bowie albums and one Michael Jackson which is an excellent start to a hopefully huge collection!

The rest of my family bought me some great gifts too, and Mat and I were very pleased with what we received. Chocolates from my Aunt, money from my Nan & Grandad, a paella set from another Aunt which Mat is really looking forward to trying out, and individually from yet another Aunt I received a makeup palette.



Mat's family also got me some wonderful gifts, making me feel like one lucky, spoiled girl! Plenty of socks which are Christmas-themed (I'm not joking in the slightest when I say that makes me feel very happy). Chocolate of course to add to my ever-growing collection, a humidifier complete with essential oils to hopefully help with some of my allergy problems and make the flat smell nice, a candle, shampoo and a Lynx gift set, even MORE coasters shaped like vinyl records and a very pretty box!

It's been a great haul this year and I'm very grateful for everything I received, so thanks! I hope everyone else received what they wanted and had fun giving out presents and celebrating Christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment