Tuesday 20 September 2016

Top Ten Tuesday (Audio Freebie): My picks for 'Current Favourite Songs'.



This is one of my favourite topics because not only do I adore books, but I love music too! As soon as I saw that the topic could be anything audio related I knew I'd talk about some of my favourite current songs. I can't wait to share them all with you!

1) 'Castle' by Halsey.

Specifically, the version that's found on 'The Huntsman: Winter's War' soundtrack. While this might not be the greatest film around, I adore the huge amount of imagination that went into everything in it: the costumes are amazing, the visuals stunning and the plot was pretty good too. Above all, I loved the music and this particular song that plays during the credits really caught my attention.



2) 'Raise The Dead' by RAIGN.

Ever since I heard this song on 'The Originals', a programme that my flat mate thoroughly enjoys, I knew I had to add it to my list of favourites. Recently I've found it stuck in my head a lot and can't stop listening to it over and over again. RAIGN, otherwise known as Rachel Rabin, has a gorgeous voice and I'm desperate to get into more of her music.



3) 'Loudest Alarm' by Scars on 45.

I adore this song. I actually discovered it by accident while browsing through Youtube recommendations and it's probably my favourite that I've discovered this way. There are a few different versions but I've got a soft spot for the Demo version!



4) 'Sacrifice' by Zella Day.

I'm a pretty big fan of Zella Day, and the song that started it all was 'Sacrifice' on the 'Insurgent' film's soundtrack. Movies are where I find a large dose of my favourite tracks so it's no surprise that this made it. Such an epic song!



5) 'Fly' by Ludovico Einaudi.

I don't just like songs with great lyrics and singers, I'm a huge fan of instrumentals too! Piano pieces are probably my favourite, especially as I've always wanted to learn to play myself. Ludovico Einaudi is a fairly recent discovery of mine, and I fell in love with 'Fly' while listening to 'The Intouchables' soundtrack.



6) 'Shatter Me' by Lindsey Stirling feat. Lzzy Hale.

Following along the instruments trend, I've really found myself listening to a lot of Lindsey Stirling's stuff recently. She's a talented violinist (and dancer), and though this particular song features vocals from the wonderful Lzzy Hale, I love that Lindsey's violin takes centre stage!


7) 'Wish That You Were Here' by Florence & The Machine.

Who else is excited for this film? Because as soon as I heard it was coming out, I was so hyped! I had a few issues with the book but I genuinely think the movie looks like it will be really spectacular! This early song release to accompany the film is also very impressive, and by my favourite band. I love it!



8) 'Through Glass' by Stone Sour.

I used to listen to this song so much when I was a little younger and I've recently repeatedly found it stuck in my head which I've relished very much. Corey Taylor is well known for being the lead singer of Slipknot, but I prefer his voice in the songs he sang with Stone Sour.



9) 'The Sound Of Silence' by Nouela.

This is an absolutely stunning cover of Simon & Garfunkel's original, haunting melody. I've noticed this song making a resurgence as of late (Disturbed have also sung a cracking cover recently) but this understated, soulful rendition brings me to tears nearly every time.


10) 'The Hanging Tree' by Jennifer Lawrence & James Newton Howard.

Everyone who knows me knows I really love Movie scores and compositions, and I honestly think that some of the most emotional music can come from the background of a person's favourite film. This is a famous song thanks to Jennifer Lawrence's voice over the top, but some of the best parts are Howard's compositions. It really brings something extra to that particular scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment