Thursday 1 September 2016

Planned Reads For September.

I didn't have an overly tough time picking this month's books. Sadly, I've had to let go a couple of the reads I wanted to get to last month and replace them (at least...temporarily) because I'm being stricter on myself to finish series that I start before going crazy with new books. Who knows, perhaps I'll do so well that I'll have time for those as well?


  1. 'The Gospel Of Loki'; Joanne M. Harris. This book is taking me an absolute age to get through, despite it's short length. I'm well into it now though and enjoying it well enough, though wishing for something to really wow me. The cover is so pretty though and thanks to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I have a bit of a soft spot for a Loki-like character.
  1. 'Harry Potter & The Cursed Child' by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany & Jack Thorne. I am going to see this play on SUNDAY AND I AM SO EXCITED. So, seeing as I own the script but have kept away from it for a whole month, I'm getting to written version as soon as humanly possible. Providing that the play isn't disappointing of course. Please don't let it be bad. I will of course read it though I'll have already seen it, as I love reading play scripts after watching the performances anyway!
  2. 'The Star-Touched Queen' by Roshani Chokshi. When I was browsing the 'most anticipated YA releases for 2016' lists on Goodreads, this book made it to the top of my most anticipated releases. I love mythology, but don't know much about that of India, so that aspect certainly appealed. I feel like I'll probably get some great 'One Thousand Nights' vibes from this, but most importantly I'm excited about the story itself. I watched a book trailer for this book, and it looks amazing. Here's hoping!
  3. 'Dark Tide'; Jennifer Donnelly. Book three of the 'Waterfire Saga' and I have to say, I've been craving this series for a while. I never thought that mermaids were my thing, but as it turns out this is an enjoyable series, even if it is aimed at a slightly younger audience than myself. The last book left me on a multitude of cliffhangers and I'm eager to see what happens next. Also, yet another beautiful cover so this book gets a top vote from me already!
  4. 'Fearless'; Tim Lott. This has been on my list for a long, long time. I've never got any closer to reading it because life and other books have got on the way, but I have vague memories of reading at east a part of it almost a decade ago, and really enjoying it! I can only hope that going back to it and reading it properly will be as good as I remember it to be, as I was a lot younger back then.
  5. 'China Dolls'; Lisa See. So it's been a long time since I touched any of my Goodreads First Reads wins, but I felt it was finally time to actually get round to them again. I won a whole bunch back when I first joined Goodreads and read about half of them. This was one of them and it got pushed to the back of the pile for unknown reasons. I feel like it could potentially give me some 'Miss Saigon' or 'Madame Butterfly' vibes while reading, and while that musical absolutely broke my heart it's story was pretty good.
  6. 'Memories Of Ash'; Intisar Khanani. Man, I am so excited for this book! I read 'Sunbolt a while back and enjoyed it so much despite it's short length. I feel like it could almost be a prequel novella, and yet had so much potential for a great series so now Khanani has written this book and it is much longer I am eager to get to it. I have consistently enjoyed Khanani's work, being a big fan of 'Thorn' too.

No comments:

Post a Comment