Monday 5 September 2016

Last Week's Shenanigans (29th August - 4th September)...

This week, for me, has been very mixed for a number of reasons. Monday was a really lovely day, mostly because I spent it with Mat doing a number of chores before heading out for a date afternoon to the shopping centre at Stratford. We bought so many new things for the flat, and I'm really pleased! My favourite buy was probably the two Woodwick Trilogy Candles we bought ready for Autumn. So exciting! Sadly, work didn't start out well because, when Tuesday came, I became very ill and had to take the next couple of days off to recover. I wasn't really able to do a whole lot more than rest because I was so tired due to a lack of sleep. 

Friday and Saturday I returned to work as normal before having my busiest day on Sunday. A day I've been looking forward to for a long time. I went to see...'Harry Potter & The Cursed Child'. Live. On stage. AHHHHH! Okay so first I had a terrible train journey, then a training session at work, followed by almost losing my purse by leaving it in Starbucks and having to run back and get it, but aside from that I had an amazing day! I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on Goodreads about the plot of 'the eighth book' and I can completely see why people are disappointed. At times there was a slight 'fan fiction' feel to the plot. But still, I loved it! And honestly, seeing it on stage is always going to be so much better than reading the script. Meg and I had a wonderful time and were totally blown away by the magic actually happening on stage right before our eyes.



Just. Wow.

I thoroughly recommend anyone who can get to see this to just go, no questions asked. You won't be disappointed!

I Read...


I Received...

--

Memes...

Top Ten Tuesday: Great Re-Imaginings Or Book Pairs For Classroom Classics

I Posted:

August Wrap-Up
Planned Reads For September
Bookish Bingo (September - November) Sign-Up Post

No comments:

Post a Comment