Monday 26 September 2016

Last Week's Shenanigans (19th September - 25th September)...

I have had such a busy week guys, and I'm pretty sad that it's over because while I did still go to work, it's the most relaxed I've felt for a while! On Monday, my day off, I had another evening playing Tabletop games with our friends and Mat and I hosted this time! We chose 'Tales Of The Arabian Nights', a stunning game that is both artistically interesting and so much fun if you enjoy role playing and story telling! It's a long one though, so we didn't quite get to finish it, but we know the set up for next time! Of course I then had four days of work to look forward to, but they didn't turn out to be so bad. 

The weekend was the real highlight for me, because on Saturday it was my Dad's birthday! I had in fact booked the time off so that I could go down to visit, from Saturday to Monday. So early Saturday morning I set off on my way and met my Dad at the station. We had a lovely catch-up, especially when my Mum and Sister returned from their hairdressing appointment, and my Dad really liked the Drone I bought him as a present though learning to control it is definitely going to be a challenge! In the evening, we went out for a lovely meal together at my favourite hometown Indian restaurant. The food was delicious though it was quite busy!

On Sunday, I had one of my best friends round to visit for the day, and it was so much fun! Obviously we spent a lot of time catching up as we haven't seen each other in ages, and then of course we moved onto the Computer games which is probably our favourite thing to do together. This visit's choice was Monstrum, which is scary as heck and a really good buy for such a small price during the Steam sale. I rely on Rosie, my friend, to play these games with me because I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to do it alone!

I Read...


I Received...


- 'The Bear & The Nightingale' by Katherine Arden: Approved by Netgalley (20/09/16)
- 'Small Great Things' by Jodi Picoult: Approved by Netgalley (23/09/16)
- 'The Ice Dragon' by George R.R. Martin: Present from Rosie (25/09/16)

Memes:

Top Ten Tuesday: Current Favourite Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment