Tuesday 17 November 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: My picks for 'Quotes I Love From Books I Read In The Last Year'.


Oh my, I love book quotes! This is going to be hard in terms of choosing, but I'm excited to choose relive some of my favourite books again!

1) 'Child 44'; Tom Rob Smith.
"Sentimentality could blind a man to the truth. Those who appear the most trustworthy deserve the most suspicion."
 2) 'The Rosie Project'; Graeme Simsion.
“And how could I be sure that other people were not doing the same—playing the game to be accepted but suspecting all the time that they were different?” 
3) 'The Storied Life Of A.J. Fikry'; Gabrielle Zevin.
 “Why is any one book different from any other book? They are different, A.J. decides, because they are. We have to look inside many. We have to believe. We agree to be disappointed sometimes so that we can be exhilarated every now and again.” 
4) 'Sunbolt'; Intisar Khanani.
 “Their laughter hides their loss, their smiles hide their grief, their eyes hide a pain that will not be eased.” 
5) 'Neverland'; Shari Arnold.
 “There are subtle truths buried in every make-believe. You never know where you might find one.”
6) 'Station Eleven'; Emily St. John Mandel.
“She had never entirely let go of the notion that if she reached far enough with her thoughts she might find someone waiting, that if two people were to cast their thoughts outward at the same moment they might somehow meet in the middle.”
7) 'Vengeance Road'; Erin Bowman.
 “For some reason, this is the moment I know I’m gonna be all right; that the hurt might never fade, and my heart might always long for a stubborn cowboy with squinty eyes, but I’ll make do. Sure as the sun will rise.” 
8) 'Life After Life'; Kate Atkinson.
 “No point in thinking, you just have to get on with life. We only have one after all, we should try and do our best. We can never get it right, but we must try.” 
9) 'More Than This'; Patrick Ness.
 “Real life is only ever just real life. Messy. What it means depends on how you look at it. The only thing you've got to do is find a way to live there.” 
10) 'Dracula'; Bram Stoker.
“No man knows till he has suffered from the night how sweet and dear to his heart and eye the morning can be.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment