Wednesday 28 January 2015

My First Blogoversary!

So today marks my first ever Blogoversary! That's right guys, I've had this blog (and been regularly updating) for a year exactly today! Honestly I was a little stuck when it came to deciding what to do for this, and in the end, I decided to write a nice, long post about my year of Blogging and why I do it!

This time last year I wrote myself a motivational speech to try and become a better person. That speech turned into a blog post (see here), and I am pleased to announce that since I wrote those words, I have for the most part stuck by them! It was so interesting to go back and read that post (if a tad cringey, my method of linking was terrible) because it made me remember what it was about the idea of a blog that got me started in the first place. I have always loved writing and I wanted to find a way that lets me write for people while I'm not working on my fiction writing.

I can't believe how far I've come since a year ago, and just how much has happened in one year. I've mentioned many times the things that I've achieved and a lot of them are actually pretty big, adult things that I find a little scary. Suddenly I'm 21, able to drive a car, have a full time job, living with my lovely boyfriend in my own flat, and with a degree! How on Earth did that happen?! And at the same time, I did manage to keep this blog running and I've had a lot of fun doing it!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has followed me over the past year, and has taken the time to comment on my blog. I have met some really lovely people while blogging and got to do some really fun, cool things! I took part in numerous and ran a giveaway, interviewed an author, guest posted on another blog, took part in numerous challenges and mini-games, and read so many books that my brain might implode. But I have loved every moment, particularly my interactions with you guys! Over 100 followers on Bloglovin' makes me so proud! Thank you all so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment