Tuesday 25 November 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My picks for 'Books On My Winter TBR List'.

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html

Oh this is a great topics, I love trying to plan ahead and pick future reads (though I nearly always fail to read the ones I picked). Having looked at my Autumn TBR however, I managed four of my chosen ten! That isn't too bad, right? There might be a couple of repeats but I'll try and go for some new ones too. As it stands, I'm not entirely sure because I plan to participate in some 2015 challenges and they might get in the way! Also for the record, this is the perfect time to put this topic in because in my opinion, Winter covers December, January and February!

1) 'Dreams Of Gods And Monsters'; Laini Taylor.
 
Okay, so I know you are all glaring at me and shaking your head because I promised I would read this a while back and I just haven't! But listen, I'm making it one of my challenge reads in December, so I have to read it! I hope it's good. I hope the ending doesn't make me cry. I think I've been scared to read this book because of what could happen, but it's time to face my fears!
 
 
2) 'Catching Fire'; Suzanne Collins.
 
It is pretty terrible that I am watching the films ahead of reading these books. 'Mockingjay' (the film) is out now and I simply have to read 'Catching Fire' and try to catch up because when I read the first book, I did enjoy it a lot! A lot of fellow bloggers have told me this is the best book of the series too. I hope they are right!
 
 
 
3) 'The Moment Collector'; Jodi Lynn Anderson.
 
I got this one so long ago on Netgalley! Some of you may also know it as 'The Vanishing Season' (I must say, I really prefer that cover) and I think this book looks really good! I ought really to have read it by now, and so in an attempt to catch up on Netgalley reads, I'm putting this one down on the list.
 
 
 
4) 'The Sea Of Tranquility'; Katja Millay.
 
This is not my usual style of book, but one of my challenges requires I read a New Adult book in December. New Adult is not my usual favourite thing to read as well (in fact, it's one of my least favourite genres). I've read the synopsis and reviews for this one however and it looks like it has quite a lot to it, rather than just being predictable and boring.
 
 
 
5) 'Scarlet'; Marissa Meyer.
 
I should (hopefully) get to start this one at the end of the month, though don't hold your breath because my current read is 873 pages long. Gulp. Still, it's definitely on the list for December and I'm excited about it! I always feel like Winter is a good time for Fairy-Tales Retellings too. Don't ask me why, I just do.
 
 
 
6) 'A Song For Ella Grey'; David Almond.
 
I've written a 'I will read this' paragraph on this book a few times, but it really does look so good! It has a very wintery, very beautiful cover too and is based on Greek Myth. Anyone who knows me, knows I love Myths so much! Count me in!
 
 
 
 
 
7) 'Winterspell'; Claire Legrand.
 
I spy a Cinderella retelling? Sort of? Maybe? This one is set during Christmas time so would make a perfect December read! The cover is gorgeous and the synopsis sounds great! A lot of fellow bloggers have read and loved it, and I think it's time I joined the bandwagon.
 
 
 
 
8) 'Dot'; Araminta Hall.
 
I got this book a very long time ago on Edelweiss and never actually read it (nor did I end up going on Edelweiss ever again, I guess I just prefer Netgalley). However, the book itself looks pretty good! It's a ghost story, set over a series of generations (I am rather fond of those types of books) and I am intrigued by the plot concept. The cover is pretty wintery too!
 
 
9) 'The Painted Man'; Peter V. Brett.
 
This book looks like it's set in the middle of the desert rather than a cold winter's night, but I want to read it anyway! It's a Fantasy (my favourite kind) and a good friend of mine bought it for me a very long time ago. She keeps telling me that she's ashamed I haven't picked it up yet, so I figured that this might be a good Christmas present to her!
 
 
10) 'The Mistletoe Bride & Other Haunting Tales'; Kate Mosse.
 
I bought this book really rather recently, while getting a few bits and bobs or other people (it was part of a deal, I had to). It's been a long time since I have read any kind of Ghost story, especially in short story form. It looks like a nice little read and a good way to introduce myself to Kate Mosse as an author! I can't wait!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment