Sunday 30 November 2014

November Wrap-Up Post.


So November turned out to be a pretty busy month for me, and therefore, I read even less than in October. I actually managed only three books this month, as no matter how hard I tried, I could not get through 'A Clash Of Kings' in time. It's a long book. Luckily, I still completed all of my challenges this month because one of my reads counted for two categories.

Physical Books:
  1. 'The Miniaturist'; Jessie Burton. Only one physical read again this month. It was a cracker though! By far my favourite read of the month! It had a good cast of characters, fantastic plot, actual twists that took me by surprise and a well researched setting. As well as that, Burton has a gorgeous writing style. 5/5 stars.
Kindle Reads:
  1. 'Soulwoven'; Jeff Seymour. This was my first read of the month, and a Netgalley read. There were some good points to this book. It contained a good few of my favourite Fantasy tropes, had a good cast of interesting characters and certainly ran out of action. Unfortunately, the constant danger-filled, fast-paced action got irritating and confusing after a while. I wish it had given itself time to slow down every so often. 2.5/5 stars.
  2. 'Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea'; April Genevieve Tucholke. I had heard a few mixed reviews on this book but I actually really enjoyed it. Tucholke's descriptive writing was a dream to read and I really liked the characters and story-line. The only disappointment was the villain of the story, as I didn't think we got to know him well enough. 4/5 stars.

Horror: The Ocean At The End Of The Lane; Neil Gaiman.
Creature On Cover: Soulwoven; Jeff Seymour.
Freebie: Under Fishbone Clouds; Sam Meekings.
Serial Killers: Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea; April Genevieve Tucholke.
Mystery: The Miniaturist; Jessie Burton.
Set In Space: Red Rising; Pierce Brown.
Witches: The Witch Of Salt & Storm; Kendall Kulper.

No comments:

Post a Comment