Tuesday 16 September 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My picks for 'Authors I've Only Read One Book From And Need To Read More'.


I love doing these every week and I know I have been a bit naff, but I've been really busy so I have a lot of catching up to do. This week's topic looks like a lot of fun!

1) George Orwell. 

I read, quite a while back, '1984' and I really liked it! It was a great book to analyse and a well constructed story too. I would love to read some of Orwell's other work. 'Animal Farm' looks like a good read! 




2) Susan Hill.

'The Woman In Black' is an amazing horror story! I found it so chilling and filled with atmosphere that of course I want to read more of Hill's work! I'm a bit of a fan of Ghost Stories and Hill seems to be the way to go for a good one.





3) Markus Zusak.

Okay, so anyone who has read 'The Book Thief' will know exactly why Zusak is here. It is my favourite book of all time! I need to get my hands on another of his books!  





4) Patrick Rothfuss.

I read 'The Name Of The Wind' a few years ago and adored it. As a fantasy, it was so rich in characters and world building (which we all know I look for in books) that I couldn't wait to buy 'The Wise Man's Fear'. I did buy it, and then tragically never found time to read it.



5) Andrew Miller.

'Pure' was such a great Historical Fiction book that I remember thinking at the time: 'I need to read more of this man's work'. Unfortunately, my busy reading schedule has not allowed me near any more of his books yet! 




6) Sue Monk Kidd. 

This lady wrote 'The Invention Of Wings', a book which gripped me from start to finish. I so badly want to read her other book 'The Secret Life Of Bees' and see what that's like! 





7) Leigh Bardugo. 

'Shadow & Bone was phenomenal and I am supposed to be reading 'Siege & Storm' this month which excites me! I really want to find out what happens next!






8) Maria V. Snyder.

'Poison Study' absolutely blew my mind as a book. Of course I want to read the next one! I can't believe it has taken me so long to read just one book by this lady! 





9) Benjamin Alire Sáenz.

I just finished reading 'Aristotle & Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe' and found it was one of the most incredible books I've read in a long time! Seriously, to those who haven't read it, it's a fantastic book! I want to read more from this man! 



10) Marissa Meyer.

Of course this lovely lady was going to make it here, she wrote 'Cinder'! I loved that book so much and need to get onto 'Scarlet' and 'Cress' as soon as possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment