Monday 15 September 2014

Last Week's Shenanigans: My first week as an official adult.

So the end of my first week living in London has come and it's been a bit of a roller coaster with lots of change. I have enjoyed it though and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Monday 8th: My third full day in the new flat and my last day off before heading to work the next day. I had a bit of a lazy day if I'm honest, watching a fair amount of TV and not doing an awful lot else. Finishing 'Coraline', I started on my next read: 'Aristotle & Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe' and found myself really getting into it! A man came to have a look at the fridge and told us we would need a new one, and one of the girls made some lovely Victoria Sponge to eat.

Tuesday 9th: My first shift at work, and I arrived pretty early. It mostly consisted of me settling in and finding my way round. Everyone was very welcoming and nice and I got to meet a lot of my new work colleagues. After, I found myself pretty tired but happy. I also travelled on the Tube alone there, but as I finished at 9 in the evening, Mat travelled home with me. When we got home, I wrote my Top Ten Tuesday post and went to bed. 

Wednesday 10th: I had my second day at work and again, really liked it. I'm so lucky really that I do like my job as full time can be pretty wearing. I started and finished earlier though, so I had a nice evening in after work to sit back and watch 'The Great British Bake Off', a show I love!  We also watched 'Our Zoo'.

Thursday 11th: Work again (yes this is getting repetitive) and I had a mini celebration that I had reached halfway through my week's shifts. .When I got home, we decided that we would watch 'Hot Fuzz', a film I haven't watched for quite some time. I loved seeing it again! We had popcorn too! 

Friday 12th: Did I mention I'm working five days a week? All in a row? Yeah, I worked again but Fridays are my shortest shifts of the week which was nice. After work we played Monopoly and had a really lovely evening in. Sadly, I didn't win but I absolutely love that game! 

Saturday 13th: My last shift of the week! I had a really good day too and remained in an amazing mood all day. Before I had work, Mat's parents and grandparents came to see us which was nice. I also found out that I achieved top sales in my first week which made me pretty happy. All in all, a good day.

Sunday 14th: Finally! A day off! I stayed in bed for quite a while, as I was pretty tired. Then I went shopping with Mat. I bought a lot of new clothes and some new work shoes, as the ones I bought last week were terribly painful. In the evening we watch a lot of Game Of Thrones!

No comments:

Post a Comment