Friday 15 August 2014

The British Tag!


Today is turning out to be somewhat of a slow day, so I thought I'd break it up a bit by catching up on some tags. I was actually tagged in this one about a month ago by Amy at That Hypermobile Girl and it looked like a lot of fun. I've only found myself with free time recently, so here I go!

1) How many cups of tea do you drink in the day? And how many sugars?

I love tea, for me it is the drink of the Gods. My tea drinking habits vary. I like one in the morning and one in the evening, and if I'm home, one at some point during the day (normally afternoon). I've been known to drink 5 cups in one day if given the opportunity, but I have to have at least one. As for sugars, my ideal mix is one sugar and one sweetener with a generous amount of milk. I'm looking back at this paragraph and realising I've managed to write a paragraph about tea. I think I need professional help.

2) Favourite part of your roast?

Okay this is going to be difficult. For me, a roast is not right without gravy. The more, the better. Therefore it would probably be that, but I love the potatoes and Yorkshire puddings too!

3) Favourite dunking biscuit?

Hands down bourbons. I'm not too fussy though, I like chocolate digestives, cookies, malted milks, rich teas, etc. As long as it's a biscuit I'll probably dunk and enjoy.

4) Favourite quintessentially British past-time?

I would say probably going to the Theatre, especially if it's to watch Shakespeare. Is that quintessentially British enough?

5) Favourite word?

Tricky, but probably 'Shenanigans'. It just makes me smile every time I hear it, I have no idea why. It's why I have it as one of my weekly posts!

6) What would your pub be called?

I have absolutely no idea! Probably 'The Southern Star' because it's a play on the Northern Star, my surname is Southern and I like stars!

7) Cockney rhyming slang?

Oh I know a few of these but not many. Apple and Pears is Stairs, Dog and Bone is phone, and one of my favourites is saying "I'm absolutely Frank Marvin'" which is the same as saying I'm starving! Also, a Cup of Rosie Lee is Tea which is very British!

8) Number one British Person?

Oh now this is tough. I'll immediately discount all politicians. The Royal Family, as patriotic as I am, are not exactly top of my list either. I'm a huge fan of a lot of British Actors and Actresses, and a lot of people will probably expect me to put Tom Hiddleston here. However, I have always said that Stephen Fry is just the very definition of British for me, and I absolutely adore him. He wins hands down.

9) Favourite shop/restaurant?

I actually did a post on my favourite restaurant yesterday, in which I wrote about a lovely Indian Restaurant called 'Little Raj' in my home town. As for shops, I love walking into little stores but I don't particularly have one that I visit often. It would probably be Waterstones, because of all the books!

10) One British Pop Song that pops into your head?

Space Oddity - David Bowie.

11) Marmite?

Keep that vile stuff away from me.

My Tags:
Joy from Joy's Book Blog
Vicky from Books, Biscuits And Tea
Zara from Page 394
Saira from Growing Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment