Thursday 3 April 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 03/04/2014: 'A Long Way Down'

So I started off having a pretty relaxing day! I had a bit of a lie in, a nice bath, packed for Mat's and then spent the rest of the morning doing my quite short 'Life Of A Blogger' post on handwriting. Mat came to get me about midday and I've spent a lovely afternoon popping to Tesco and chilling at his house. The weather was lovely today so it was nice to be out of the house for a bit! While at Mat's, I also finished and reviewed 'Tithe', a book that I thoroughly enjoyed! I've made a good start on 'The Invention Of Wings' and a review of that should appear in the next few days.

This evening, Mat and I decided that we really wanted to go to the cinema! So we went to see 'A Long Way Down' which made me so happy because I've been desperate to watch it! All I can say about it is that it was a brilliant film. Heart wrenching, humorous at times, and entirely worth the wait. For those that don't know, it is based on a book by Nick Hornby, and tells the story of four people with very different lives, each wanting to commit suicide. After an accidental meet on the top of a rooftop, they make a pact to not kill themselves for six weeks and see where there story takes them. The film did a beautiful job of really giving an in depth look into the life of each character and we come to understand and sympathize with them all. Seriously, I sobbed through quite a lot of this movie! The acting was great and the soundtrack beautiful. Definitely one to watch for those that haven't seen it, I would love to see it again! 

It's rather late because we have only just returned from the cinema. The only showing we could get to see was the 09:40pm showing,  but it was so worth it! Tomorrow I will definitely be having a lazy day doing as little as possible. Enough said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment