Tuesday 6 February 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: My picks for 'Books That I Added To My TBR Ages Ago & Still Haven't Read'.


I'm getting back into this meme for sure! This is actually a really good subject choice for me too because there are so many. I've decided to go for the oldest that I actually own and are sitting on my shelf wondering why I haven't picked them up yet...*sigh*.



1) 'The Painted Man' by Peter V. Brett.

I received this as a birthday gift ages ago, when I was still at school! I still haven't got round to reading it though...

2) 'The Wise Man's Fear' by Patrick Rothfuss.

I'm very disappointed in myself for not reading this one, I loved 'The Name Of The Wind' so much! Rothfuss writes beautifully. I think I'm going to have to re-read book one though before starting this.

3) 'Inheritance' by Christopher Paolini.

Another book that I should have read by now. I devoured the previous three and pre-ordered this. As soon as I picked it up on the day of it's release, I put it in the bookshelf and promptly...forgot about it? Again, I'll have to re-read the series.

4) 'Angela Carter's Book Of Fairy Tales' by Angela Carter.

I'm 99% sure that this will be a five star read for me. Carter is famous for combining fairy-tales with feminism and unique twists which are all things I enjoy. Goodness knows why I haven't got round to this gorgeous book yet!

5) 'Dodger' by Terry Pratchett.

I love Oliver Twist (at least...the musical film) and the Artful Dodger is my favourite character. This should have been an instant hit with me. It's another birthday present I received a long time ago too.



6) 'The Sight' by David Clement-Davies.

I actually can't remember how old I was when I got this book, or how I got it, but I'm pretty sure it was fairly early teens. The cover is awesome and I really like the synopsis, even now!

7) 'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern.

This one is probably the one I received most recently of this collection, but it's been on my radar for so long that I think it deserves a place on the list. I'm really upset with myself that I still haven't read it!

8) 'The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry' by Rachel Joyce.

I bought this so long ago and I remember it was when everyone was talking about this book. I'm glad I reminded myself I have it actually because it fits one of my categories for this year's reading challenges so nicely!

9) 'Shiver' by Maggie Stiefvater.

Don't. Just don't. I bought this while in Wales in a cute little book shop and I'm horrified that I've yet to read any of Stiefvater's books.

10) 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett.

I have never read this book or seen the movie but I really should have done by now. Wow, this list has actually reminded me just how large my TBR pile is! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment