Monday 22 August 2016

Last Week's Shenanigans (15th August - 21st August)...

This was the week that I booked most of on holiday at work, but I could hardly call it relaxing because I had so much to do! Monday was probably the busies day of all, as it was the day that Mat's friend's van bought over most of our stuff from our old flat to the new one! It involved a lot of waiting around and travelling up and down in the lift (which was a nauseating experience I have to say) but it was also so exciting to see everything that we owned move, bit by bot, into our new place! I'm going to miss the old flat of course, but I really adore the new one and it's our first home together, just us! Our friend George was also there to help though I think I mentioned before that he had fractured his wrist so there was very little that he could do.

Tuesday I worked (I hadn't booked the whole week off sadly) and Wednesday was furniture assembling day. IKEA dropped our ordered bits round very early in the morning so that gave us the whole day to make a go of getting everything together. We managed most of it, though sadly the bookshelves had to be postponed a little (I was outraged, they're obviously far more important than anything else)! In the evening, we went to visit Tash & Meg for another Games Night, and this was a lot of fun, though ha to be cut short due to everyone having work or other commitments the next day. Their new flat is really nice though, and I enjoyed having a nose around! On Thursday my parents came up to visit, providing the means to bring those last few bits from the old flat and also to see the new place and have a lovely catch-up with us! Other than that, there wasn't a whole lot for us to do as Mat had work and so George and I just did a few smaller bits followed by a lot of catching up on sleep!

Friday was another furniture assembly day (bookshelves, yay!) followed by a lot of unpacking! I organised books, games and a few DVDs, as well as the ornaments and other miscellaneous bits and bobs while Mat sorted some of the bigger things. I'm very happy with our bookshelves and all of our books fit, so no more crates! Saturday involved a trip down to Ashford to visit Mat's family and after a trip to the town centre and a catch-up at their house, in the evening we all went out for a lovely meal at a nearby pub. The food was delicious, and it was nice to get away from moving stresses for a bit. After the meal, Mat's Mum dropped me off at my parents and I stayed the night there, ready to once again return to London the next morning. This time my sister came with us to see the new place as well, and we had a walk around the nearby area to see what was around. They left mid-afternoon and allowed Mat and I time to finish the last few bits and bobs before settling down for the evening to have our first flat 'movie night'. I chose the film, 'The Little Prince', and we both adored it! The perfect end to a hectic week!

I Read...


I Received...


- 'The Star-Touched Queen' by Roshani Chokshi: Prize from Great Imaginations 'Story Sprites' Challenge (18/08/16)

Memes...

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set In Europe

I Posted...

Illumicrate Unboxing (Box 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment