Tuesday 15 March 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: My picks for 'Books On My Spring TBR List'.


These are always my favourite Top Ten Tuesday posts because I love looking ahead to what I'm going to read in the next few months. There was no topic for the Winter just gone either, which disappointed me. So glad I get to do this one for the next few months!

1) 'Reasons To Stay Alive' by Matt Haig.

This was a book that I borrowed from my sister very recently after she read it in one day and swears that it's one of the most enlightening reads she's ever got through. I live with a lot of anxiety, and at times, very unpredictable mood swings so I think this will be a really great book to relate to as it talks a lot about Mental Health and looking after ourselves. Not only that, but I'm desperate to start reading more Memoirs and Non-Fiction and this will hopefully be the first of many.

2) 'Thief With No Shadow' by Emily Gee.

This has been on the Fantasy list for some time, just waiting for me to read it. To be honest, my friend actually bought it for me ages ago and she's normally a very good judge of books. I wish that I hadn't taken so long to get into it, but at least I'm finally getting round to the books that have been on my shelf for goodness knows how long! The reviews for this one are...interesting to say the least so I'll just have to see how I get on with it!

3) 'The Loneliness Of Distant Beings' by Kate Ling.

I was approved to read this book by Netgalley and I'm so excited by that prospect because it looks so good! Also, it's set in Space! I haven't read an awful lot of Sci-Fi, but it's a genre that I generally enjoy when I do so I can't wait to get into some more of it. I have to say that the cover looks absolutely stunning too so let's just hope that the story lives up to that. I know that I certainly have high hopes.

4) 'Stargirl' by Jerry Spinelli.

This book is being hailed as a YA Contemporary Classic, but until I saw it on Netgalley, I had never even heard of it. I've looked into it since I was approved and think it sounds fantastic! Perhaps it will suffer from a case of Manic-Pixie-Dream-Girl-itus but that's not necessarily a bad thing if it's done right. I'm a little surprised at how short it is, but still I think this is going to be a great book and another one to add to the YA Contemporary checklist.

5) 'World After' by Susan Ee.

As you all know, I'm trying hard to get through some of the series that I started a while back and have yet to finish. This is one of those series. I read and adored 'Angelfall', recommending it to a number of my friends along the way. Now I want to read Book Two, 'World After', which I bought a few months back and have patiently waiting for me in my newly sorted book collection! Penryn and Raffe were awesome, and I can't wait to see more of them in this next installment of the series!

6) 'Truthwitch' by Susan Dennard.

Three cheers for Illumicrate, as they provided me with a beautiful hard-cover copy of this book! I cannot express how excited I am at the prospect of reading it! I've heard so many great things: great characters, a focus on friendship, and an interesting magic system! Fantasy is my favourite genre and I'm excited by this latest addition to the genre.

7) 'Burial Rites' by Hannah Kent.

Another very good friend of mine leant me this book ages ago and it really is about time that I read it and got it back to her! Especially as when I saw that she had it and she told me I could borrow it, I was so excited. She and I have very similar tastes in genre so if she liked it (which she did) then I've no doubt that I will! I'm looking forward to this read, though apparently I may need to bring tissues as it's end is very moving.


8) 'Allegiant' by Veronica Roth.

I'm so close with this series, and with this being the season that it's film is coming out (not that I've actually watched Insurgent yet) I feel like Spring is the time to do so. It will be another series that I can check complete with and tough I'm pretty nervous that I won't like it, at least I'll have got it over and done with. I've heard mixed reviews for the last book in Roth's series but everyone that I know, even those that didn't like it, has said that I really ought to read it.

9) 'Ironside' by Holly Black.

While I'm on the subject of series I would really like to finish, how about Holly Black's awesome Modern Faerie Tales series. I liked 'Tithe' and loved 'Valiant' so I'm hoping that this will be the cherry on top! Black writes Faeries really well. They're not just humans with wings and a few magic powers. They are totally different creatures that think and feel in a very unique way. Black's imagination never ceases to impress me and I hope that tis book gives me the same big smile that 'Valiant' did!

10) 'Sign Of The Four' by Arthur Conan Doyle.

I read 'A Study In Scarlet' at the beginning of the year because I desperately want to read the Sherlock Holmes series. I've been a fan for a while, loving the various TV and Film adaptations but never having actually sat down and read the books before. The second book, 'Sign Of The Four' is next on the list and I really want to get through another Sherlock Holmes story, as I loved the first one so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment