Tuesday 29 December 2015

Christmas Haul!

I almost totally forgot about doing this post, but I received a ton of great things for Christmas this year so I really want to share them with you. Of course my Christmas has been so hectic that I can't really be blamed for the lack of post, I've been so busy! Especially on Christmas day which Mat and I divided between our two families. The pictures aren't overly clear, and because Mat came back a day later than me to London there are a couple of presents missing from the photos. Still, I love this haul!



So let's start with my family. My parents bought me a ton of books to read and I figured that will be the present you guys would want to hear about most! I asked for both non-fiction and fiction, as I really want to start reading more factual books and not just stories. They bought me Marina Warner's 'From The Beast To The Blonde: On Fairy Tales & Their Tellers' because I love learning about Fairy Tales, and Joseph Campbell's 'The Hero With A Thousand Faces' which in essence psychologically analyses the structure of Myths, in particular a hero's journey. They also bought me Maggie Stiefvater's 'The Scorpio Races', Laura Whitcomb's 'Under The Light', and Ruin & Rising by Leigh Bardugo (I accidentally asked for the third book, not the second but I'll have no choice but to get a copy of Book Two now! Finally, a £50 Amazon Voucher was very much appreciated from them and I have no doubt that will be spent on Kindle Books for me to read!

My lovely sister also bought me a few great presents for which I am eternally grateful. Shall we start with the huge bar of Dairy Milk? I think so! Everyone knows I love chocolate and the larger it comes, the better! She also bought me some gorgeous smelling Cherry Blossom Perfume which I loved! Cherry Blossoms are actually my favourite flowers, they're so beautiful and smell divine. Big Hero 6 was next on my list from her and it's a film that I have wanted to watch ever since it came out. I can't wait! My last present from her came when we went out to town together yesterday. She bought me a Colouring Book! I'm particularly excited about this present because I've been wanting to try this out for a while! My Mum also gave me a ton of colouring pencils to take home so I'm all set for some major de-stressing!

From my Grandparents I received a £25 New Look Gift Card which I have no doubt will come in useful, especially when I need to update my wardrobe a bit. My Auntie Pam bought me a lovely storage box shaped like...a book! I could not be more pleased with it and I know I'm in desperate need of more storage containers. She also got Mat and I some tasty Gingerbread Men! My Auntie Jennie bought me some more make-up: an eye-shadow palette, bag and lip crayon! Auntie Karen got me a light-up pen and some sweet-smelling candles. The whole family received a yummy box of chocolates from my cousin Phil.

From Mat's family I received a huge bundle of presents: DVDs (the live-action Cinderella and Into The Woods to name a couple), a lovely mug to add to my collection (I now have four) and drink even more tea from, slippers, a tiger patterned onesiechocolates and some more perfume! While I was there, I also won a Baylis & Harding Moisturiser from a Christmas cracker which I was pretty pleased with! I also forgot to tell you guys about the Secret Santa gifts I received from my flat-mate Tash! She bought me my very first Tote Bag, themed around Disney's The Jungle Book and a Bourbon shaped tree decoration (my adoration for the biscuit is famed). Meg also bought me some cute little chocolates.

I went to meet up with a couple of my old school friends also yesterday and received some wonderful presents from them. Catherine bought me yet more chocolate (I'm sensing a theme...) and Isobel chose another book for me (Robert Ryan's 'A Study In Murder') and some Magic Stars Hot Chocolate. Last but certainly not least, what did Mat get me? The answer: a hoodie and two tee shirts from my favourite tee shirt company 'Tee Turtle', an absolutely stunning 'Alice In Wonderland' themed Kindle Case, a huge box of Hotel Chocolat goodies (including chocolate tea!) and tickets to go and see Wonder.Land, a musical I've seen raved about at the National Theatre. All in all, a fantastic Christmas round-up which I am massively grateful to everyone for. 

I hope everyone else had a great Christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment