Monday 29 June 2015

Last Week's Shenanigans (22nd June - 28th June)...

I've been really looking forward to telling you guys all about this, but I thought I would wait until my 'Last Week' post before I did. On Monday, I attended my first ever Publication Party! It was for Ilka Tampke's 'Skin' which most of you might recognise as my first read of the month: a book which I really enjoyed. It was a completely new experience for me, but a thoroughly enjoyable one. A whole host of effort had been made too: themed drinks and nibbles, relabelled beer, a video from Ilka herself who sadly couldn't make it as she was in Australia and speeches from the lovely editor whose passion for the book was totally inspiring. I met so many lovely people too: booksellers, publishers and Bloggers alike! We talked about 'Skin' of course, as well as a whole host of other topics. It reminded me why I love doing what I do, and gave me new cause to try a bit harder with this Blog in order to get invited to fun events like that again! Thank you so much to Emma and Emily in particular, alongside the rest of the Hodder team for inviting me!


I was most pleased with the Goody bags that were provided too: they contained mead, tribal tattoos, a signed copy of the book (though I managed to pick up the one that hadn't been signed), bookmarks, and cards that wrote about all of the different Skin Totems found in the book. I really hope that one day I become a writer that gets to partake in all of these fun events from a totally different perspective.

The rest of my week was a little less action packed being filled mostly with work. However, I still managed to find time to get some reading done (progress has been pretty slow on that front this month) and finish what has certainly been the most enjoyable book this month. Sunday was a really relaxing day for Mat and I because we both had a really tiring Saturday (long, busy hours make for one tired Sales Assistant).

I Read:


Memes:

Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite 'Top Ten Tuesday Topics' I Have Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment