Wednesday 21 January 2015

My 2015 Challenge Sign-Up Post!

Yes I know it's late! But last year I didn't get round to this until February, so actually this is making good time. to be honest I've been tossing up in my head whether to enter any challenges this year, but there are so many good ones that I couldn't stop myself! I promise I won't let them rule me like last year though! In fact, I think that some of them will actually help me be a better, more organised reader!

To start with: The '2015 "Real" Book Challenge'.



I entered this challenge last year and really enjoyed it! It helped me to make sure that I kept reading a good balance of Physical Books (which count towards this challenge) and Digital Books (which obviously don't). It's hosted by Swoony Boys Podcast and Fiction Fare. I can't wait to see how many I do this year!

On that note, of course I had to enter this one: The '2015 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge'.


Last year I never entered any kind of Kindle reading challenge, and while this technically isn't one, it's still important! It looks like a fun and productive challenge, hosted by Falling For YA. I really need to keep on top of these this year, so I would like the majority of my Digital reads to contribute towards this challenge.

Okay so this will be the last of my challenges for helping me to get organised: The '2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge'.



Over a fair few of my recent posts, I have complained about the fact that I have not finished any series despite the fact that I started so many! In some cases, I didn't even get to Book Two! That's all about to change with this challenge hosted by Novel Heartbeat and Writer Grrl Reads! I can't wait to finish all of the series that I started, there are so many I have to get through!

Now let's think a little less about organisation, and a little more about having fun: The '2015 Book To Movie Challenge'.



Hosted by Ebook Classics, I'm keen to see just how many books I actually review this year that have been adapted into Movies/Films! I know I've definitely already read one and there is so little pressure involved with this challenge I thought 'Why not?'!!

This challenge is actually going to be a mix of both organisation and fun: It's the 'Authors A-Z Reading Challenge'.



This one is hosted by Samantha Lin and is such a good idea because some of the letters in my Reviews sorted by Author surname age are looking a little bare. Why not challenge myself to read at least one book from each letter? It's another non-pressure challenge too. Just what I need!

Also, just as a quick note while I'm on the topic of Organisation: I am taking part (in March) in the 2015 'Take Control Of Your TBR Pile' Challenge




It's a month long mission to get through as many books that have been published before 1st March 2015 (so no ARCs) as I can. I'll be reading books that I have been waiting for ages to read and hopefully I'll get through a lot this month! This awesome challenge is hosted by Kimberly from Caffienated Book Reviewer and it sounds like a lot of fun.

Now these challenges are purely fun, but I loved them last year: The '2015 Monthly Motif Challenge' and The '2015 Key Words Challenge'.



I know I said I didn't want to pressure myself this year but these two challenges were so much fun last year! In fact I think they helped to expand my reading tastes in a lot of ways, so I'm sticking with them this year too! Forgive me!

And last but not least: The 'Lucky No. 15' Challenge.



This is hosted by Books To Share, and is not by any means a main challenge of mine, but it looked like a lot of fun and the categories are not too hard either! I really enjoy these kinds of little challenges and I couldn't resist! Hopefully I'll manage all fifteen!

And that about wraps it up for my 2015 challenges! I hope I enjoy them and I can't wait to find out my results at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment