Thursday 4 December 2014

Life Of A Blogger: 'Where I Live'.


Well, if this topic had come up a few months or so ago, I would have been talking about my home town Ashford! However, you all probably know that right now I'm living in London! It's pretty difficult for me to talk about it in specifics because I have not really explored it in it's entirety. However, there is so much to do in this fantastic city and I'll give a brief overview of some of my favourite things I have done over the years:
  • Shopping. There are so many shops in London! I have come up for day trips so many times and it is always a lot of fun. My favourite places to go are Oxford Street (best high street shopping ever) and Covent Garden (there are some really cute shops here)! Also since I've moved here, I've gone to Westfield Shopping Centre a lot!
  • The Theatre. I have watched so many good things at the Theatre in London. Musicals like Billy Elliot, The Phantom Of The Opera, Wicked, Les Miserables, The Lion King etc. I also got to watch Tom Hiddleston as Coriolanus, Lenny Henry as Othello and Martin Freeman as Richard III. I have a very large amount of Theatre programmes in my possession.
  • Waterstones, Piccadilly. This one gets it's own section because I love this Waterstones. Why this one in particular? Because it has five floors of course! Mat and I went for a day out and I adored going to this place. I want so badly to go again!
  • One time Exhibitions/Events. It is so interesting to go and see things that you know will only be here once. One of my favourites were the poppies at the Tower Of London, but I have gone to see sculptures, photography/art displays and even fantastic museum exhibitions.
As well as those, there are always events that take you by surprise! For example, a couple of weeks ago the whole of Oxford Street was closed off for half an hour to make way for a Bicycle protest. Tube journeys can be interesting just because a certain event is happening over one weekend (Comic-Con is a great example)! There are so many great things about London and I feel so lucky to be a part of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment