Tuesday 2 September 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My picks for 'Characters That Would Sit At My Lunch Table'.


Now this is an interesting topic, possibly because there was a similar topic before (Characters That Would Be My Best Friend) but I feel like some of my answers would be different this time. To spice it up a bit and not make the list too repetitive, I have gone for characters that would actually be School age!

1) Hermione Granger from the 'Harry Potter' series.

Of course Hermione was going to make this list. Anyone who has read previous posts of mine knows just how much I love this character. She's a keen reader like myself and she's so intelligent that I would probably be quite content to sit and listen to her teach me the many wonders of the Wizarding World, as well as a few things about Muggles too! Not just clever though, she is quite funny and fiercely loyal and brave. A perfect friend!

2) Isaac from'The Fault In Our Stars'.

I have always had a soft spot for Isaac. Sure, Hazel and Gus were great! But Isaac was always my favourite character to read from this book and I think it would be really cool to hang out with him. He's ridiculously funny, interested in playing Video Games (which I am too) and pretty clever too. His relationship with Gus in the books just proves he would be a great friend!

3) Patrick from'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower'.

I will never get tired of Patrick, he is just such a fantastic character! His sense of humour is the main thing that I loved about him, he kept me laughing throughout that whole book. I also thought he was actually pretty grounded too and I really liked that. He loves having fun, and he's very protective of his friends. My favourite types of people are the ones that aren't afraid to stand up to bullies and Patrick definitely falls under that category. I'd also love to get to know Sam, his half sister!

4) Zuzana from the 'Daughter Of Smoke & Bone' series.

I struggle every time to choose between this lovely lady and Karou (who I think should get an honorable mention here) because they are both similar and have awesome qualities. Zuzana just about wins every time though because I actually have friends that I used to sit at the lunch table with who were just like her. She's funny, amazingly talented and loyal. I'd love her to teach me how to make puppets too!

5) Will from the 'Divergent' series.

There must be something about me and side characters, because Tris and Four were probably more obvious choices here. And yet, I feel like I'd rather talk to Will. He was extremely clever (seriously, a super nerd) and had a great sense of humour. I loved reading about him, he always had a smart answer for everything. His relationship with Christina was so cute as well! 

6) Arya Stark from the 'A Song Of Ice & Fire' series.

Now due to my promise not to put characters that weren't at school age, I sadly had to not put Tyrion Lannister, who is possibly my favourite character of the book (a dangerous thing to say, I know). I'm also a big fan of Arya though, and she fits into this category beautifully. I love her rebellious nature, her sarcasm, and her fierce bravery. I can't wait to see where Martin will take her character in the next books.

7) Katniss Everdeen from 'The Hunger Games' series.

She'd probably be that friend at the end of the table who didn't say much other than the odd sarcastic comment. And yet, I love that about her! I really thought that Katniss would make an awesome friend, her relationship with Gale proving that she's good at it. Loyalty and bravery are two of Katniss' main qualities, but I also found her pretty funny and very skilled. I'd love her to teach me how to use a Bow and Arrow!

8) Cecile from the 'Malediction Trilogy'.

I almost put Tristan here, but I think he would be far too busy to be sitting at our lunch table. He's quite grumpy and sarcastic too. Cecile on the other hand was much more personable and I really liked her as a heroine. She had some great qualities and made the best of her situation (I really liked that about her) instead of just sulking. Also, we both have a love of singing meaning we have something in common!

9) Corny from the 'Modern Faerie Tales' series.

Corny really reminds me of some friends I've had in the past and we have a fair few interests in common. We both love the supernatural (it would be so cool if he could introduce me to Kaye) and Manga and Anime are common interests too. As well as that, he's funny, quite smart, and handles emergency situations pretty well. If I turned up at his house one day telling him that I'd accidentally done something terrible and the entire Country wanted my blood he would probably shrug his shoulders, invite me in and stick the kettle on.

10) Pixie from 'If You Find Me'.

Now I complained in my review that I didn't see enough of this character, but I loved what I did see! Pixie is feisty, extremely intelligent and not afraid to say what she thinks. I wanted her to be my friend within a few lines of reading her. I found her pretty funny too and I think she would get on well with some of the other characters on this list. Particularly Arya, as they are both quite young.

No comments:

Post a Comment