Friday 18 April 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 18/04/2014: My first approved reads!

Well I've had a bit of a roller-coaster of a day, but a fair few good things have happened so I'll start with those. I got my NetGalley Bio typed out and saved at last, so I took the time to request a few reads and see where I got. One of the reads that I requested, 'Keane's Challenge' by Iain Gale has been one I've seen and wanted to read for a little while. I was surprised to see it was in the 'Read Now' section of NetGalley, which I assume means I don't have to be approved? I could download the title straight onto my Kindle so I was quite pleased about that. Another title that I did actually have to put in a request for was approved within a few hours! It is called 'A Red Tale' by Nicola Mar, and I shall be getting onto that as soon as I've got through a few more of my important April reads!

I also did download a couple of free books to my Kindle that have been on my TBR list for quite some time:
  • 'Dying For A Living' (The 'Jesse Sullivan' Series, Book 1) by Kory M. Shrum
  • 'Peach Blossom Pavilion' by Mingmei Yip
'Peach Blossom Pavilion' in particular is exciting because I saw it in Tesco the other day and almost bought it but refrained. Now I'm really glad I did. Good things come to those who wait I guess! While we're on the topic of books (and let's face it, this book mostly is), not only did I post my 'The Fault In Our Stars' review at last, I also managed to finish 'A Certain Slant Of Light', the review for which will be coming your way tomorrow! My next couple of reads are 'The Hunger Games' and 'The Poison Eaters', which I'm very much looking forward to getting into!

I did journey into Canterbury with a friend of mine today, in order to get some work done. Unfortunately there had been a mix-up, and actually, the Uni was closed so it was a bit of a wasted journey unfortunately! Still, it was a nice day for a trip out (always look on the bright side and all that) and I did manage to pop into Clarks to sort out my rota for the week after next! I've received a bit of bad news regarding my Multimedia Project this evening, but I'm determined to try and relax, and not let it worry me too much! It won't be too long until Uni is over and I can completely relax once and for all. No more stressing out over silly things for me, and more reading! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment