Friday 4 April 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 04/04/2014: The Postman has impressed me!

So today has been one of the nicest I've had in quite a while. That feeling of not actually having anything to do that day is a rare one that I don't encounter often! I ended up having a rather nice lay-in this morning, and spent the rest of the day relaxing a lot. I replied to some comments on my blog, read a few posts, read some more of 'The Invention Of Wings' (I adore this book so far, by the way), and generally chilled out. Mat and I played quite a lot of games, and even watched a movie on TV, 'Beautiful Creatures'. I have to say I did enjoy the film, but I would love to read the book. I think I would enjoy that a whole lot more.

I returned home pretty late this evening, and found that I had two parcels waiting for me. The first was 'Good Kings, Bad Kings', which was one of my Giveaway wins that I knew would arrive soon. The second was a bit of a shock. I hadn't expected it to arrive so quickly, seeing as I only emailed my Mailing address out yesterday. It was the book that the lovely Betsy Cook Speerg had asked me to review, 'Demolition Queen: Champagne, Murder & Chaos'. In light of the fact that someone has specifically requested me to review it, I've bumped it up the TBR list accordingly, and I shall be reading it after I've finished my current read. I can't wait to get into it! It shouldn't affect my reading schedule too much, and I want to review it ASAP.

Tomorrow is my Mum's birthday, and I'm seeing Mat in the afternoon after he finishes work. It promises to be pretty relaxing again though, there is nothing planned as far as I am aware, but we'll see! Oh, I also found out today that as well as Benedict Cumberbatch playing Hamlet next year (I heard this last week), Martin Freeman will be playing Richard III fairly soon. These are both in the West End and I am desperate to go and see them, I love these actors! So there is some more exciting news from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment