Monday 24 March 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 24/03/2014: 'Les Misérables'

So I only just got back from watching 'Les Misérables' at the Theatre and I am literally in awe. The singing was amazing, the set ridiculously cool and elaborate and the show itself was just wonderful. I went with Mat and his Mum, and I've been really excited about it because it is a show I thought I would never get to see! Firstly, Carrie Hope Fletcher as Éponine was just perfect! Her renditions of 'A Little Fall Of Rain' and 'On My Own' were beautifully song and I may have shed a tear or two. The two characters I had worried about most however were the Thénardiers. I have only ever seen these characters played in the movie, by Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter, who I thought were hilarious! I was a bit terrified that the stage version wouldn't be funny enough, but I needn't have worried! Cameron Blakely and Wendy Ferguson had me in stitches and I think that in many ways, they stole the show.

Other than that, today has been pretty uneventful for me. I spent most of it chilling out with Mat,  my cold is a lot better now which I'm happy about. I also managed to get so much reading done and if all goes well, I'll have a review up for 'Finding Sky' up tomorrow as I'm pretty close to finishing! Also, I will be doing my Top Ten Tuesday so I'll have a pretty blog heavy day tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment