Friday 7 March 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 07/03/2014: I'm not tired.

I've had quite a nice day today, though it's been a long one! I drove into Uni this morning (no reading on the train for me) and managed to avoid a lot of traffic which set my morning off on a good start. I only had to go in for a 20 minute tutorial, which was a bit irritating, but nevertheless it went well and I feel fairly calm about the rapidly approaching show week as a result of it. When I got back home, I read a bit more of 'The Hotel Fakir' almost finishing it, as well as fiddling with a few things for Uni.

Finally, the time that I'd been waiting for all day came. I picked Mat up from the station and we went to his house. Honestly, it was so good to see him again, I've really missed him a lot this week and it has felt like such a slow six day wait! I played and caught up with a lot of Pokémon which made me very happy because poor Mat can actually start advancing on the game again soon  (he's been waiting for me, bless him). I'm seeing him again tomorrow, and the plan is to possibly go to the cinema, but that isn't set in stone because we haven't really decided on a film. I would quite like to see 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' though.

Upon returning home, I finished reading the 70 page short story at last! Hooray! I'll be posting a review up tomorrow (though some of my thoughts are already on Goodreads). I didn't really enjoy it all that much, but I'll explain my reasoning in the review. I'm starting 'The Snow Child' tonight before I go to bed and I'm so excited, I literally can't wait to get into this book! It's sat on my bookshelf begging to be read for so long! Even though I'm home and ought to think about bed, I'm actually not that tired and really feel like watching a film or something. I probably won't though, I know I'll regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment