Saturday 8 February 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 08/02/2014: Victory is mine!

I've finally done it! I've got all the way through Stephen King's 'It'! It has been a long journey, but I have succeeded in my goal of finishing it today, and now I am up to date on my 2014 Book Challenge. Hooray! The review I have already posted earlier this afternoon, so go and check that out if you want to know what I thought of the epic novel. I have already started working on my next read which, as promised, will be Andrew Miller's 'Pure'. Looking forward to this one, what I've read so far is intriguing to say the least. Also it's much shorter (a whole 1000 pages or so), which I think I need  while I recover from the last book before I dive into 'Inheritance' and 'The Wise Man's Fear' which are both long books too.

As for what else I've been doing all day, the short answer is not a huge amount. I woke up fairly late this morning (well, late for me) and managed to send out an email that has been bugging me for a while and took a great deal of weight off my mind. After that, I switched between browsing the internet, reading, updating my Goodreads account and just general procrastination. I've had a horrible headache that despite copious amounts of painkillers, has refused to go away all day and I've generally felt a bit drained today. My mood was much better when I woke up though!

This evening I've spent with Mat, who bought his 3DS round and we played some Pokémon (I was devastated, he didn't bring the Yu-Gi-Oh cards!) We were originally going to watch 'Robocop' at the cinema but decided against it because we were both tired and my head was still hurting. To be honest, it was just nice to relax this weekend and not have to go out anywhere. The weather is still absolutely terrible and it looks like it won't stop being rainy and windy for a while. I'm definitely looking forward to when the sun decides to come out, I miss walking and actually wanting to venture outside. I'm off to spend the rest of the evening reading with a cup of tea before bed, so I'm posting this a little early.

No comments:

Post a Comment